Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who is Peter Rabbit, er Bretton?

I am. A Maine-grown man who attends Emmanuel College, I am a senior Business Management major with a minor in Mathematics. I have worked in marketing for about one year, with Harvard School of Public Health Center for Continuing Professional Education (CCPE) since January '09, and with 451 Marketing since January 2010.

My experience at CCPE has given me exposure to online marketing in most forms including cost-per-click marketing through Google Adwords, Email creation, list segmenting and optimizing, copy writing and research for listservs, and website creation. We recently released a social media campaign which I designed and lead which includes Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

My offline marketing experience has been almost entirely with copy editing.

The greatest part of my time has gone to tracking and analyzing marketing initiatives including media channel effectiveness, email content and subject line effectiveness, program rating, and website traffic. Although I have not yet worked with search engine optimization, SEO is an interest of mine that I should have exposure to within the next six months.

So, why did I start this blog? This will serve partly as my online portfolio, showing my copy writing skills, and hosting information I find which I feel is relevant to the marketing community. Simple enough, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment